Vegan Tortilla SoupLetssalsa
To me you are all hotties but it is starting to get colder outside. Time for soup! Go into that kitchen and make this soup for your corazón on a cold autumn evening. Bet you score points with this Vegan tortilla soup…
- olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas, 10 cm
- sea salt
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 150 gr corn (1 small can), rinsed and drained
- 150 gr black beans (1 small can), rinsed and drained
- 1-4 tablespoons of Red Rocket Chili Pepper hot sauce (depending on your heat rate)
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 lime
- bell pepper (optional)
- Tortilla chips: Preheat the oven on 180 °C. Stack the tortillas and slice them into ½-inch-wide, 2-inch-long strips. Spray some oil on the strips and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Bake in the oven until they are crispy (for 10-15 minutes). Get them out of the oven.
- Heat some olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, and green bell pepper.
- Cook until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cumin, then the canned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Simmer for about 3 minutes, then add the corn, black beans and hot sauce. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish the soup with some cilantro, radishes, tortilla strips and bell pepper and serve with squeezed lime and extra hot sauce (optional).