Vegan Tortilla SoupLetssalsa
- olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas, 10 cm
- sea salt
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 150 gr corn (1 small can), rinsed and drained
- 150 gr black beans (1 small can), rinsed and drained
- 1-4 tablespoons of Red Rocket Chili Pepper hot sauce (depending on your heat rate)
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 lime
- bell pepper (optional)
- Tortilla chips: Preheat the oven on 180 °C. Stack the tortillas and slice them into ½-inch-wide, 2-inch-long strips. Spray some oil on the strips and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Bake in the oven until they are crispy (for 10-15 minutes). Get them out of the oven.
- Heat some olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, and green bell pepper.
- Cook until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cumin, then the canned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Simmer for about 3 minutes, then add the corn, black beans and hot sauce. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish the soup with some cilantro, radishes, tortilla strips and bell pepper and serve with squeezed lime and extra hot sauce (optional).