Michelada beer cocktailLetssalsa
What is a Michelada
A Michelada is a Mexican cocktail made from tomato juice, beer and hot sauce.
It’s a kind of a Mexican version of a Bloody Mary because they’re often served at brunch, they’re both touted as hangover cures. But instead of mixing the drink with vodka like a Bloody Mary, it’s mixed with a beer. Just perfect for a sunny lazy Sunday afternoon.
For 2 servings
- coarse salt (or Tajín for the real Mexican experience)
- ice cubes
- tomato juice
- lime juice of 2 limes
- a splash of Worcestershire sauce (or Maggi)
- a splash of soy sauce
- 3 splashes of hot sauce (I prefer Red Rocket Chili Pepper hot sauce. For a more smokey flavor use Roasted Chipotle hot sauce)
- lager beer
- To salt the rim: sprinkle a tablespoon of salt on a small plate. Rub a slice of lime around the rim of the glass and then press the rim in the salt.
- Fill the glass about ¼ to ⅓ with tomato juice. Add hot sauce, lime juice, 2 ice cubes, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Fill the rest with cold beer.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!