Vegan Cartinas tacos with pineappleLetssalsa
Marinated jackfruit with pineapple, fresh avocado and coriander on a soft corn tortilla.
For 20 tacos, preparation time 25 min.
- 500 grams of fresh jackfruit (not marinated) or 2 cans of 500 grams of jackfruit
- 10 soft corn tortillas, 12cm
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crush, peel and chop
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100 ml water (more water so that the meat is completely under water, you can also put in the description of the dish)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 50ml Roasted Chipotle hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- ½ onion raw, chopped
- 100ml Explosive Pineapple hot sauce
Put all the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor and chop them into a coarse paste. Mix the marinade and the jackfruit. If you use canned jackfruit: first pour the can with the jackfruit and rinse it under water. Then cut the hard point of the jackfruit so that you only have the soft, stringy part.
Heat a pan over medium high heat. Fry the marinated jackfruit in the pan until the mixture is golden brown.
Heat a pan (preferably non-stick coating) over medium heat. Carefully disassemble the tortillas. Place the tortillas in the dry pan (without butter or oil). Turn the tortilla every 20 seconds until it feels soft.
Place the tortillas flat on a plate. Divide the meat between the tortillas. Garnish with a slice of avocado, the raw chopped onion, cilantro and Let’s Salsa’s Explosive Pineapple hot sauce. Serve immediately!